- About Us
- Student Life
- Uniquely GMS
At the heart of GMS is the academic curriculum. Our curriculum embodies our mission; its design is based on specific principles of education for middle-school girls
Project Based Learning
Group work places value on cooperation over competition and interdependence over isolation.
GMS is committed to developing our girls' core competencies in reading, writing, mathematics, physical education, and social and physical sciences. These Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs) are the outcomes we expect for all students when they graduate, and they are implemented throughout the curriculum and the GMS program:
- Demonstrate a strong foundation in our curriculum and an ability to apply academic solutions to real-life problems
- Define problems and approach solutions with creativity and innovation
- Appreciate, describe, and understand intellectual, artistic, and physical endeavors
- Communicate effectively
- Evaluate, set, and attain goals for emotional, intellectual, and physical wellbeing
- Appreciate the direct benefit of multiple perspectives on personal growth and the community
- Approach work with intrinsic motivation and embrace a love of learning
Non-Traditional Academic Courses
By offering and encouraging girls in courses such as computer science, entrepreneurial studies, and engineering, GMS girls expand their vision of the arenas in which they can participate and achieve.
We believe grades can limit students' motivation to learn. Teachers do not define student achievement by a letter grade. Instead, teachers give rich narrative feedback informing students where they have met or exceeded expectations and how they can continue to improve. Teachers also provide ongoing formal and informal feedback.