- About Us
- Computer Science
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Physical Education
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Student Life
- Uniquely GMS
The Girls' Middle School currently uses an online web-based application called Ravenna, to manage the admission process. Ravenna offers extensive capabilities—inquire, gather information, sign up for Open Houses and Campus Visits, and submit an application. Every step of the process is now online for your convenience.
Click here to create a Ravenna account and begin exploring the all-girls middle school experience at GMS. If this online process presents an obstacle to your family please contact our office so that we may assist you.
For a printable Admission Process Checklist please click on the following links.
Overview of the Admission Process
Attend an Open House
Open Houses offer a wonderful opportunity for you and your daughter to experience the energy of our students, the dedication of our faculty and staff, and the warm atmosphere that makes our community special.
Open House dates:
- Sunday, October 9, 2016 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Saturday, December 3, 2016 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Click here to create a Ravenna account and sign up for an Open House.
Schedule a Campus Visit
A Campus Visit offers the best way for prospective 5th grade students to experience a typical school day and gain their own personal sense of life at GMS. Campus Visits are offered from September 2016 through December 2016.
Click here for more information about Campus Visits and to view the full schedule of available dates.
Register for ISEE Testing
We require that applicants submit the results of the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). While the ISEE is important, it is only one factor that we consider during the admission process.
Click here to register online at www.iseetest.org.
- The ISEE may be taken at any test site location.
- You must register your daughter at least three weeks prior to the test date.
- GMS will offer the ISEE on Saturday, January 21, 2017.
- The Girls’ Middle School ISEE Site Code is #054273.
Submit an Application
Click here to create a Ravenna account and submit an application.
The following is a list of required application pieces:
The application deadline is January 12, 2017.
We ask that each parent or guardian living with the applicant complete a questionnaire.
We require two teacher recommendations, one from the applicant’s current teacher and one from last year’s teacher.
Principal or Counselor Recommendation
We require input from a principal or school counselor as part of the admission process.
In addition to your daughter’s teachers, we would like to hear from another adult who plays a significant role in her life. The individual might be, for example, an athletic coach, a Girl Scout leader, or religious advisor.
|Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form||Please print, sign, and submit a paper copy of the Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form to the principal’s office of your daughter’s elementary school. The school should send the transcript directly to Ravenna. There are instructions printed on the Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form explaining how your daughter’s school should submit the transcript to Ravenna.|
Schedule an Interview
The Family Interview is an opportunity for the Admission staff to get to know your daughter, and for you and your daughter to ask questions and learn more about GMS. Family interviews are held in January and February 2017.
- All parents and/or guardians must attend with their daughter. The interview lasts approximately 45 minutes, with the last 15 minutes set aside for one-on-one time with the applicant.
- We ask that each applicant bring something meaningful to share during this part of the interview. An item might be a soccer ball, stuffed animal, photo of a pet or whatever your daughter chooses to bring.
Families who have completed an application may schedule their interview after January 17, 2017.
Click here to sign up for a Family Interview in Ravenna.
Explore Financial Aid and Scholarship
The Girls’ Middle School strives to be an inclusive and equitable community. An integral part of the Mission of the school is to develop a student body from diverse backgrounds, including families from all income levels. To achieve this goal, we offer two types of tuition assistance: Financial Aid and the GMS Scholarship Program.
- Financial Aid and Scholarship forms must be completed by February 10, 2017.
- If you have questions, please contact Holly V. Zuklie, Director of Financial Aid, at email@example.com or (650) 968-8338 extension 133.
Admission decision letters will be mailed to applicant families on March 16, 2017.