Applying to GMS
The Girls’ Middle School uses Ravenna, an online web-based application, to manage the admission process. On Ravenna, you can track your steps during the admission process, register for school events, and submit an application. To begin, create a Ravenna account.
The Application Process
ATTEND AN OPEN HOUSE
The Open House is a wonderful opportunity for you and your fifth grade daughter to experience the energy of our students, the dedication of our faculty and staff, and the warm atmosphere of our community. To register for an Open House, please create a Ravenna account.
1–4 pm, Saturday, October 12, 2019
1–4 pm, Sunday, December 8, 2019
SCHEDULE A CAMPUS VISIT
A Campus Visit is the best way for prospective students to experience a typical school day and gain a personal sense of life at GMS. During her visit, your daughter will be paired with a sixth grade host who will greet her, escort her to classes throughout the morning, and answer her questions. You do not need to submit an application for your daughter to come for a visit. Campus Visits are offered from late September 2019 to early January 2020. Please follow these steps to schedule a Campus Visit.
REGISTER FOR ISEE TESTING
As a part of the GMS admission process, applicants submit results of the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). The ISEE may be taken at any test site location. Please register your daughter at least three weeks before the test date. GMS hosts the ISEE on Saturday, January 25, 2020. The Girls’ Middle School ISEE Site Code is #054273. We will accept ISEE scores through February 21, 2020.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
The following forms are on Ravenna and required to complete the application process at GMS:
- Application - The application deadline is January 9, 2020.
- Parent Questionnaire - Each parent or guardian living with the applicant completes a questionnaire.
- Teacher Recommendations - Please request two teacher recommendations, one from the applicant’s current teacher and one from last year’s teacher.
- Principal or Counselor Recommendation - Please request a recommendation from your daughter’s principal or school counselor.
- Personal Recommendation - In addition to your daughter’s teachers, we appreciate a recommendation from another adult who plays a significant role in her life.
- Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form - Please print, sign, and deliver a paper copy of the Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form to the principal’s office of your daughter’s elementary school. Her school should follow the instructions printed on the Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form and send the transcript directly to Ravenna.
SCHEDULE A Family Interview
At GMS, our family interviews are conversational. We provide a comfortable setting for your family to ask questions and learn more about the school. We ask each applicant to bring something special or meaningful to share during part of the interview. Family interviews are held in January and February 2020. All parents or guardians should attend. Families who complete an application may schedule the family interview on Ravenna starting in mid-January.
Financial aid forms are due by February 7, 2020. If you have questions, please contact Holly Varian Zuklie at 650-968-8338 x160.
Decision letters are mailed to applicants on March 18, 2020.
Decisions are posted in Ravenna on March 19, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
Enrollment contracts are due by noon March 26, 2020.