Applying to GMS
We are currently planning for the 2021-22 admission season. We will update this site by the end of August with more information, including events and dates. Our application for admission will go live in the Ravenna system on September 7, 2021.
The Girls’ Middle School uses Ravenna, an online web-based application, to manage the admission process. In Ravenna, you can track your steps during the admission process, register for school events, and submit an application. To begin, create a Ravenna account.
GMS believes in making all aspects of the application and admission process equitable and fair. Please note that we will not accept standardized test scores (ISEE, SSAT, etc.) for the 2021-22 application year.
The Application Process
Each year, we offer a number of ways to get to know our school and community. We hope to be able to gather in person and welcome families and students to campus again in the 2021-22 school year. Dates and specifics for all events will be posted here when this site is updated in mid-August. You will be able to register for all events when the Ravenna application opens on September 7, 2021.
We encourage families to participate in as many events as feels comfortable for you. Attendance at all events is optional. We seek to make the application process as simple and stress-free as possible
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
The following forms in Ravenna are required to complete an application to GMS. The application deadline is January 6, 2022.
- Application for Admission - Complete and submit with a $75 application fee (please contact our office if this poses a financial hardship).
- Parent Questionnaire(s) - Each parent or guardian living with the applicant completes a questionnaire.
- Teacher Recommendations - Please request two teacher recommendations, one from the applicant’s current teacher and one from last year’s teacher.
- Principal or Counselor Recommendation - Please request a recommendation from your daughter’s principal or school counselor.
- Personal Recommendation - In addition to your daughter’s teachers, we appreciate a recommendation from another adult who plays a significant role in her life.
- Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form - Please send this form to the principal’s office of your daughter’s elementary school. Her school should follow the instructions printed on the form and send the transcript directly to Ravenna.
SCHEDULE A Family Interview
At GMS, our family interviews are conversational and take place with all parents or guardians and the applicant. We provide a comfortable setting for your family to ask questions and learn more about the school. We ask each applicant to bring something special or meaningful to share during part of the interview. Family interviews are held in January and February each year. Families who submit an application may schedule a family interview through the Ravenna system beginning Friday, January 7, 2022.
GMS offers two types of tuition assistance: Financial Aid and The Bennett Scholars Program. We encourage all families to learn more about these programs and contact our office with any questions. We are committed to enrolling students from all backgrounds and we make admission decisions independent of a student’s application for financial aid.
We will host a Financial Aid Information Session in early December, 2021. Please register through the Ravenna system.
A reminder email with instructions will be mailed to all GMS applicants on January 7, 2022. Financial aid forms are due in early February, 2022.
If you have questions about Financial Aid, please contact Holly Varian Zuklie at 650-968-8338 x160.
If you have questions about The Bennett Scholars Program, please contact Maria Perez at 650-968-8338 x102.
Decision letters are mailed to applicants on March 17, 2022.
Decisions are posted in Ravenna on March 18, 2022 at 4:00 PM.
Enrollment contracts are due by March 25, 2022.
A GMS girl is loved and respected for who she is - today!