The GMS Vision
At GMS we foster a learning environment where girls code robots, perform Shakespeare, publish poetry, and learn to surf. We nurture a learning community where faculty and students form meaningful life-long relationships thanks to small class sizes, three-year advisories, and experiential learning opportunities. GMS provides the intellectual, social, and emotional support that prepares girls to be the engaged,
game-changing citizens that the world needs.
GMS Giving at Glance
- Raise $2,000,000 for GMS through The GMS Fund and Bennett Scholars Program
- Reach 100% participation by current families in The GMS Fund
- Broaden engagement in Advancement campaigns and events through both in-person and online opportunities and diverse event agendas
2020-21 Advancement Achievements at GMS
- The GMS community contributed over $2.2 million to various programs and funds supporting our vibrant and engaged students, faculty, students, and families
- The GMS community contributed $820,000 to The GMS Fund
- The GMS community contributed $1,200,000 to the Bennett Scholars Program
- 16% of current families gave to GMS at or above the Leadership Level of $5,000
Why does GMS need my support?
While you might expect that tuition covers the full GMS experience, it does not. The difference between tuition and the full cost of a GMS education is approximately $4,000. The GMS Board deliberately sets tuition below full cost in order to assemble an economically-diverse student body and to provide the GMS community with opportunities to support the school with tax-deductible, philanthropic gifts.
Additional financial support is crucial. The GMS Fund provides our students with the innovative and compelling experiences that are the hallmark of a GMS education. The Bennett Scholars Program provides comprehensive scholarships with wraparound support.
Thank you for taking the time to consider how you can support GMS.
The Girls’ Middle School is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, tax ID number 94-3253594. Gifts made to the school are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by IRS regulations for charitable donations.
Kimberly Megna Yarnall
Director of Advancement
Alumnae Affairs Director
The Advancement Team provides guidance and resources for those who are interested in supporting the GMS mission and furthering the school’s goals. We look forward to partnering with you.