The Bennett Scholars Program
A bedrock of the school’s mission, The Bennett Scholars Program supports high-achieving motivated girls who attend under-resourced elementary schools and often represent the first generation in their families to attend college. In addition to tuition, Bennett Scholars receive lunches, transportation, uniforms, one-on-one tutoring, and the costs of all trips and materials.
Giving at a Glance
- Raise $2,000,000 for GMS through The GMS Fund and Bennett Scholars Program
- Reach 100% participation by current families in The GMS Fund
- Broaden engagement in Advancement campaigns and events through both in-person and online opportunities and diverse event agendas
2020-21Advancement Achievements at GMS
- The GMS community contributed over $2.2 million to various programs and funds supporting our vibrant and engaged students, faculty, students, and families
- The GMS community contributed $820,000 to The GMS Fund
- The GMS community contributed $1,200,000 to the Bennett Scholars Program
- 16% of current families gave to GMS at or above the Leadership Level of $5,000
The Girls’ Middle School is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, tax ID number 94-3253594. Gifts made to the school are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by IRS regulations for charitable donations.
The Bennett Scholars Breakfast
The Bennett Scholars Breakfast is an annual celebration of GMS values and one part of our effort to raise the funds needed to welcome new Bennett Scholars into our sixth grade class every year. This inspirational event celebrates the outstanding achievements of GMS alumnae and highlights successful female leaders who serve as role models for our students. Join us in March 2021 for this hallmark event.
For more information about past breakfasts and our upcoming event, visit The Bennett Scholars Breakfast.