The GMS Fund
The GMS Fund is our school’s annual giving program. The school relies on annual contributions to provide critical program support: nearly 10% of the school's annual budget comes from community contributions to The GMS Fund. These gifts have an immediate and direct benefit to each student and faculty member.
The campaign kicks off each fall when we mail a gift request to every current family and our alum and friend community. We ask current families to support The GMS Fund at a level that is significant for their family. It is through your generosity that GMS achieves its margin of excellence.
Your gift to The GMS Fund provides:
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development
- Financial aid
- Innovative academic opportunities
- Outstanding extracurricular experiences
Your generosity through The GMS Fund supports every student and faculty member. No gift is too small—or too large. Our celebrated community tradition of 100% participation in The GMS Fund is just one of the many ways we live our value that we’re all in this together.
Giving at a Glance
Raise $700,000 for The GMS Fund
Reach 100% participation by current families in The GMS Fund
2019-20 GMS Fund Achievements
- The GMS community contributed $786,000 to The GMS Fund.
- Gifts to GMS Fund ranged from $20 to $200,000
- 30% of current families gave at or above the Leadership Level of $5,000
- 100% of faculty, staff, board of trustees, and current families participated in The GMS Fund
- As a parent, I already pay tuition. Why is it important to also donate to The GMS Fund?
- Why not just raise tuition?
- How and when will my family be contacted to make a donation?
- Can I pledge a gift now and pay later? Will you count my family in your 100 percent participation goal?
- What forms of payment does GMS accept?
- How do I find out if my employer participates in a Matching Gift program?
- How are donors recognized?
- I keep hearing that participation is important. If I give $50, does that count?
- Will I be asked to participate in other fundraising efforts?
- I have heard about the possibility of a capital campaign. How does that fit into my giving?
- Who should I contact for more information?